Work Module 5, Office 608, 6th floor. work
- June 1993: Physics degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
- March 1999: PhD in Physics. Supervisors: Alvaro Martín Rodero and Alfredo Levy Yeyati, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain. Topic: “Electronic transport through normal and superconducting nanostructures”.
- November 1999 – December 2000: Post-doc with an “Individual Marie Curie Fellowship” in the group of Gerd Schön, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany.
- January 2001 – October 2003: Post-doc in the group of Gerd Schön, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany.
- November 2003 — December 2007: Head of the Junior Research Group (Nachwuchsgruppe) on Theoretical Aspects of Molecular Electronics within the Institut für Theoretische Festkörperphysik of the Universität Karlsruhe.
- October 2004 — December 2006: Associate professor (replacement) in the Department of Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain).
- January 2007 — present: Associate professor (permanent position) in the Department of Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain).
Honors and Awards
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowship of the European Union (granted in March 1999) for the realization of a postdoctoral stay in the Universiät Karlsruhe (Germany).
- Prize of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid for outstanding thesis work (2000).
- Grant: “Junior Research Group (Nachwuchsgruppe)” in theoretical aspects of molecular electronics (2003). Agency: “Helmholtz Gemeinschaft”, German state.
- “Tina Ulmer Prize for Teaching” together with Prof. Elke Scheer for our teaching performance. Prize awarded by the The foundation Science and Society in the University of Konstanz.
- Molecular electronics.
- Transport properties of superconducting nanostructures.
- A current-driven single-atom memory, C. Schirm, M. Matt, F. Pauly, J.C. Cuevas, P. Nielaba and E. Scheer, Nature Nanotechnology 8, 645 (2013). [URL]
- Heat dissipation in atomic-scale junctions, W. Lee, K. Kim, W. Jeong, L.A. Zotti, F. Pauly, J.C. Cuevas, and P. Reddy, Nature 498, 209 (2013). [URL]
- Molecular Electronics: An Introduction to Theory and Experiment, J. C. Cuevas and E. Scheer, World Scientific Publishers (2010). [URL]
- Optical rectification and field enhancement in a plasmonic nanogap, D.R. Ward, F. Hüser, F. Pauly, J.C. Cuevas, and D. Natelson, Nature Nanotechnology 5, 732 (2010). [URL]