Work Module 5, Office 508, 5th floor. work
- Aug./2015 – to present – Postdoctoral Fellow at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, (Spain).
- Mar./2013 – Jul./2015 – Postdoctoral Fellow at Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, CSIC, (Spain).
- Jan./2012 – Feb./2013 – Postdoctoral Fellow at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, (Spain).
- Sept./2007 – Sept./2011 – PhD in physics from Université de Lyon, (France).
- Sept./2003 – Sept./2007 – Physics Degree from Universidade de Coimbra, (Portugal).
Honors and Awards
- PhD individual fellowship from Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology.
- 2007 best student award from the University of Coimbra.
- Top 5% student of the last 10 years (1997-2007) in the Physics Department of University of Coimbra.
- Mechanical properties of biological systems (proteins, DNA and viruses).
- Protein adsorption to inorganic surfaces.
- Friction at nanoscale.
- Large scale (>1.000.000 atoms) molecular dynamics simulations to address a wide range of ill-understood biological processes.
- Density-Functional-Theory (theory development and applications).
- Exact properties of exchange and correlation functionals.
- Ab-initio optical response of nano-materials (TDDFT, BSE).
- Construction of the B88 Exchange-Energy Functional in Two Dimensions, J. G. Vilhena, E. Räsänen, M. A. L. Marques and S. Pittalis, J. Chem. Theory Comput., 10 (5), pp 1837–1842, (2014). [URL]
- Violation of a local form of the Lieb-Oxford bound, J. G. Vilhena, E. Räsänen, L. Lehtovaara, and M. A. L. Marques, Phys. Rev. A 85, 052514, (2012). [URL]
- Excitonic effects in the optical properties of CdSe nanowires, José G. Vilhena, Silvana Botti and Miguel A. L. Marques, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 123106 (2010). [URL]