This Inter-University Doctorate Programme is offered jointly by the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Coordinator College), the Universidad de Murcia, and the Universidad de Oviedo. At UAM both the Department of Condensed Matter Physics and the Department of Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics participate in the Programme.
The main research lines are:
- Biophysics and Statistical Physics of Complex Systems.
- Nanoplasmonics, Nanoelectronics, and Quantum Optics.
- Low-temperature Physics (Superconductivity, Superfluidity).
- Surface Physics.
- First-principles Simulations and Modeling.
- Experimental Characterization of Physical Properties in Molecular and Biological Systems and Nanostructures.
According to the current Spanish Legislation (RD 99/2011), the PhD is a three-year programme leading to the doctor degree. Students will develop their own research project, working with their academic supervisor(s) and in collaboration with other postgraduate students and scientists in their research group or laboratory. The students are expected to complete and submit their thesis within three years. However, they may request an additional period of one year to complete and submit their thesis.
Together with the development of their scientific project, the students are expected to participate (among others) in the following training-through-research activities:
- Attendance to research seminars.
- Preparation and presentation of research seminars.
- Short stays in other research centers.
- Participation in international congresses, workshops, and schools.
- Publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals.
For more information related to our Ph.D studies please visit the following websites: